Friday, April 30, 2010

4q #3

1. What are the four ways scientists can detect planets?
2. Which way makes the most sense to you? Explain it.
3. Explain the concept of the "Goldilocks Zone."
4. If Gilese 581c does have life, what do you think it would look like? How would it act? Would it be intelligent?
5. Do you believe in aliens? Why or why not? Give me a solid paragraph.

1. Radial Velocity, Astrometry, Transit Method, Optical Detection
2. Astrometry because it is essentially using geometry for space problems.
3. The area in space where everything is just right to sustain life.
4. I think it would look like mutated fish, be semi intelligent, and act surprised to see us.
5. I beleive in Aliens. I have grown up with the idea firmly in my head that aliens exist. When I was young I watched a lot of Star Wars, and Star Trek. I have always wanted to meet another life form , but i dont think they will in any way resemble what we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment